Medi24 complies with the rules on data protection, in particular the Data Protection Act and associated provisions. Medical secrecy also applies to users’ medical and personal information. All Medi24 staff, whatever their training and position, are subject to the same duty of secrecy as healthcare practitioners.
For all systems, programs and the like over which Medi24 has any influence, we strive to maintain security at state-of-the-art levels. Users of the Medi24 website should be aware that, even with careful software development and maintenance, errors can occur.
Medi24 would advise you that communicating by email is neither secure nor confidential. Any liability for adverse consequences resulting from communication by email is excluded. Users are requested not to transmit by e-mail any information that may be sensitive in terms of data or privacy protection. When using this website, only personal data in connection with processing the service requested by the user - e.g. medical consultation over the Internet - will be collected. This data will not be passed on to third parties and will only be used for the required purpose.
Statistical data is gathered for the purpose of improving services. Such data is anonymized and only provides information on general user behavior such as date, time, originating IP address, information requested and completion status of the http request. Instances of access to the Medi24 website are analyzed on a regular basis for improvement purposes.
Users undertake not to put excessive load on the platform made available by the website by causing random or improper dissemination of data, in particular through spamming.
Medi24 cannot be held liable for defects and faults that lie outside their responsibility, especially for security lapses and operational failures at third-party companies with which it works or on which it is dependent. Furthermore, Medi24 cannot be held liable for acts of God, improper practices or disregard of risks on the part of the user or third parties, traffic overload, the user’s or third party’s unsuitable equipment, extreme environmental conditions, interferences by the user or third parties (e.g. viruses), despite the safety precautions currently taken.
Medi24 may process user or customer data when this is necessary in order to investigate or put a stop to information supplied with fraudulent intent or illicit or non-compliant use, or misuse, of the Medi24 website or harm done to Medi24. To this end, Medi24 may also process user data, including with the help of cookies, in order to identify any data for which there is evidence of actual abuse, among the total stock of all current information. Medi24 may transfer such data to law enforcement agencies as well as to third parties whose rights may have been infringed.
Only Swiss law shall apply. The exclusive place of jurisdiction is Bern.
Disclaimer of liability
The contents of the Medi24 website are carefully selected and regularly updated. If older information is published, then the date will be specified, which means that it corresponds to the state of knowledge at the time of publication. Contributions that are accompanied by a name only represent the opinion of the author and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Medi24.
- Viewing and reading the Medi24 website does not constitute a contract for Medi24 services between the user and Medi24. All content made available on the Medi24 website is designed to be used exclusively for information purposes and cannot be deemed to constitute a service. Medi24 regularly and carefully checks the content and information appearing on the website as well as the correct functioning of the site. However, the company does not provide any warranty as to the correctness, accuracy, topicality and completeness of the published content and disclaims any and all liability for loss or consequential loss arising from the use of information and material on the Medi24 website.
- Medi24 is entitled at any time, without prior notice, to make alterations, extensions to, or delete, information and content on this website and this disclaimer or else take it off-line temporarily or permanently.
Medi24 makes every effort to ensure safe operation of the Medi24 website. However, defects such as loss or corruption of data, viruses, site inaccessibility, etc. cannot be excluded. Medi24 cannot be held liable for loss of profit, loss of data or other direct or indirect losses resulting from such failings.
Healthcare advice over the Internet
- When processing personal data, Medi24 complies strictly with statutory provisions (in particular the Data Protection Act). Medi24 processes your data only to the extent this is necessary for providing the services requested. In order to optimize our services, your individual data may be anonymized and re-used. By making use of the Internet healthcare advice service, you explicitly agree to the storage and processing of your personal data for this purpose.
- Due to the time delay, this form of telemedical consultation (over the Internet) is not suitable for urgent health problems.
- Medi24 can only guarantee the general accuracy of the information provided, but not whether it is correct, accurate, timely or complete with regard to your specific situation. Information is given in the form of practical advice, which you follow at your own responsibility.
- Medi24 does not accept any liability for losses resulting from the use of this service. Any personal liability of the Medi24 medical team staffers is excluded. No liability is assumed either for the content and correct functioning of any third party websites which may be referred to in any responses given.
- Medical and personal information provided by the user will be managed in accordance with medical secrecy and not passed on to any third parties.
- Unauthorized material (illegal, fake, fraudulent, extortionate, offensive, defamatory, obscene or other prohibited information or documents) can be removed immediately by Medi24 and the user account blocked.
Healthcare advice over the Internet
- The Medi24 website contains links to websites of third parties. Liability lies with the individual operator, Medi24 has no influence on the current and future design and on the content of the linked pages and rejects any responsibility for the content or functionality of these websites.
- Medi24 performs no ongoing checks on the content of linked websites. Accordingly a link does not mean that Medi24 is in agreement with the contents of the linked pages in every instance.
- The content published on the Medi24 website is subject to Swiss copyright law. The duplication, editing, translation, storage, reproduction of content, including the source code in databases or other electronic media and systems, is not permitted without the prior written consent of Medi24.
- With the exception of the information and / or documents uploaded by users of this website, the printing or downloading of pages or documents for private use is not permitted without the prior written consent of Medi24.
- Written consent must also be obtained for a link to the Medi24 website.
Tel. +41 31 340 05 00
Fax +41 31 340 05 55
Commercial register CHE-101.216.589